Saturday, March 12, 2011

Running for a Cause

                                                                   Today, I ran another 10k race. That makes 3 for this school year! This one, however, was in honor of someone in my life whom I love very much...an amazing individual who has recently started fighting a battle. The Rex Lee Run is organized by the BYU Cancer Awareness Group and all of the proceeds are used for cancer research at BYU. It's amazing to see so many people unite to honor those that may have died from cancer, who are battling for their lives each day, or who are survivors . It brought back memories of doing The Race for The Cure in Newport Beach each year with my cousins/aunts. It's such a great experience.




 Today I pay tribute to all those people who have been effected by this epidemic. We must do all that we can to prevent our friends and family from facing this life-threatning-obstacle. I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to do this and I challenge all of you to sign up for a race as well! It's one thing to run and get some good exercise, but doing it for a cause makes it so much better :)




No comments:

Post a Comment