Saturday, June 4, 2011

Nature Makes Me Happy

        Today was a special day...I went on my last Saturday run! YAY! I can't believe I'm running a half marathon in 1 week!!! Helloooooo carbs!

             My day got only better after my run. I got home, hopped in the shower and got ready for a little "morning date". My friend took my on his motorcycle through Provo Canyon, where I will be running the first 7-8 miles! I haven't been through the canyon since it was covered in snow, so when we took the first turn...I was in awe. It is SOOO BEAUTIFUL! Imagine: Green everywhere...little waterfalls flowing over huge rock canyon walls...a rushing river surrounded by tall grasses and flowers...simply put: INCREDIBLE. If you haven't been to Utah, trust me when I say it's worth a visit! Especially for any  of you nature lovers! So I couldn't really take pictures while we were riding (I would've most definitely dropped my phone at the speed we were going) but I took a few at a little spot we stopped at.
 

And that's only a little of what you get to see!
          Anyways, after our ride we went to breakfast and then I had a Statistics review. That killed my Saturday...well not really. It started off too great to be ruined by that! :)
Reflecting on today has really got me thinking about how many beautiful places there are in this country and the world for that matter. As much as I love getting a good workout in at the gym, I would much rather be running next to majestic mountains or on the soft sand of the beach.  It's summer! Perfect time to be outside! My tip of the day to a healthier and happier you? Take advantage of Earth's beauty and stay in shape while soaking up the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment