Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Berry Yummy Snack!

      Snacks. They get me through the day! Especially when I'm posted up at the library...I can't sit still for hours without having a couple of goodies to munch on! One of my favorite snacks is inspired by a PB and fruit sandwich from a hip little coffee/fro yo shop right by my house in Costa Mesa..Milk and Honey. Love it! 

My version is the Berry Lover snack! It's easy, loaded with vitamins, high in fiber and it features my favorite fruit...BLUEBERRIES!


You'll need:

Strawberries
Blueberries
Almond Butter
Orowheat 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins




Spread the almond butter on the sandwich thin (just 1/2 of the roll). Slice up the berries and put them on top. Eat any extra berries on the side. VOILA!

Did you know?

       Berries are phytochemical powerhouses! Phytochemcials are active plant compounds that seem to have powerful effects against disease. Some phytochemicals act as antioxidants which protect the body against oxidation from free radicals. Thousands of free radicals are constantly attacking cells which can play a huge factor in the development of illnesses such as cancer. This means...EAT YOUR BERRIES! :) Some research has also found that blueberries particularly help prevent brain function/memory loss that occurs simply by aging and oxidative stress.  Strawberries are a superfood in my book too! One cup contains about a day's requirement of Vitamin C.  Just another reason to make this Berry Lover snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment