Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday Run...Ain't No Picnic

          It's SATURDAY! After staying out late and catching only a few zzz's, you'd think I'd want to sleep in and watch t.v. all day. As relaxing as that sounds, half marathon training= getting up early enough to beat the sun at it's blazing time and to get a bunch of miles in! It's hard to get out of bed sometimes but today I was excited to try my new Nike GPS watch on a long run! Let me tell you....I'm OBSESSED! It is amazing and I recommend anyone who is into running to get one! It tracks your distance, calories burned, time elapsed, pace, and all your history and good stuff. This personal coach even gives you comments after your run...sweet huh?!  AND on the watch strap there's a little USB connector so you can plug it in to your computer and use nikeplus.com to track everything. GENIUS!


    As fun as it was to run with my little precious, I did find myself getting pretty tired today. Luckily, something kept me going...the thought of my favorite, HEAVENLY shake I was going to make after my run! If you like Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Bananas, you will LOVE it. It is a great source of protein and many other nutrients you will need to keep you going all day! Try it or else! jk here's what you need:

Rita's Fav. Shake:

1 small banana
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1 heaping spoonful of Peanut butter (or almond butter if you're hard core)
3/4 cup milk (low fat or skim)
1/4 cup water
3+ ice cubes 


Blend that all up and enjoy! You can thank me later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment